In order to protect the privacy of our customers who have so graciously testified to the integrity and quality of our business and our workmanship, these testimonials have been reproduced without their personal contact information. For current customers and potential customers for whom we have supplied formal written quotations, copies of the original testimonials are available on request with the permission of the customers who wrote them.
Professor Anthony W. Thomas
“Last year Gary Lancaster was suggested by our insurance company to carry out repair work following heavy rain which led to serious damage to the surface of a wall in our house. As the technique used on the wall involved a french wash, it required some experience and skill. I am pleased to say that Gary did an extremely professional job, within the time frame promised. The quality of the work was very important to us as the house dates from the 1880s and is of some historic interest.
Since then we have also contracted Gary to do more work, involving the repair and painting of window frames and both interior and exterior walls. In all cases the work has been done in a professional way, with careful attention to detail, minimal fuss and on time. My wife and I are pleased to recommend Gary as a highly skilled painter. We will certainly use his services again and we recommend him to you in the strongest possible terms.”
To Whom it may concern
I called Gary from Lancaster Painters in August 2013 to get a quote to have my pool and pool room painted. I received an official quote and brochure about his company very quickly. The quote was most reasonable and I accepted via email.
Gary completed an excellent job and did some extra work for me as well.
It was a delight to deal with someone who is professional, arrives when they say they will, and does work to the standard we all hope for.
He obviously is trained and experienced and has very good knowledge of all kinds of finishes and techniques.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Gary and his company, and will be calling him for any work we may have in the future,
Hon C. J. Sumner & Suzanne Roux
“Gary and Geoffrey offered creative suggestions and painted samples of their suggestions on our wall and ceilings so that we could clearly visualize their suggestions. The result is that our home is beautifully decorated maintaining our desire for a light and open ambience but at the same time reflecting the heritage of our home…Both Gary and Geoff displayed an enthusiasm and commitment to achieving an excellent quality of work. Their knowledge and skill and understanding of the many different painting methods and finishes has opened our eyes to what can be achieved by skilled artisans…” Read more.
Church of the Sacred Heart
“Gary and his team did an excellent job, and were committed to doing their very best. Since the completion of the painting we have had a constant stream of praise for the work. It has transformed the look of the church. Previously it was painted a drab cement colour. It now has a much more pleasant, warmer feel to it, and many of its features have been enhanced by the colours they have been painted.”
Father Brian Angus. Read more.
Brad & Kendall Moyes
“Gary along with Adam and Ron recently completed an internal repaint of our Villa in Malvern…We were delighted with the no fuss, professional manner in which the work was completed. The following qualities distinguished Lancaster from other painters which we have used in the past:”
- Timely arrival at the start of the project and each work day.
- Good communication regarding recommendations, access and general issues.
- Thorough surface preparation. This process was not hurried. In some cases two days were required to professionally prepare a room before painting. All drummy plaster was removed and new render applied, gaps were filled, surface defects repaired, handles and fitments removed to ensure a professional finish.
- A polite and respectful manner towards all members of the household, always asking for permission before moving into a work area or using facilities.
- A cheerful approach to the task.
- A commitment to achieving a high standard of finish. A third coat was applied where necessary without any suggestion that further payment would be required.
- Assisted with the moving of heavy items of furniture.
- The last detail. Repairs to damaged door jambs, painting of yellowed exhaust fan grilles and other things not done by other painters.
- Identified where other trades were required to achieve the best outcome and arranged a tiler and cabinetmaker on our behalf. This work was also first class.
- Impeccably orderly and clean work habits. Work areas were regularly vacuumed to minimize dust. Drop mats which were extensively used were always clean and neatly folded in an agreed location at the end of each day’s work.
- Eight rooms were prepared and painted to this very high standard in 7 working days in the lead up to Christmas. The availability of a skilled three person team kept the length of disruption of the household to a minimum.
We are pleased to recommend GD and JA Lancaster and thank them for an excellent job. We will be using them again.
Neil & Rosemary Woodger
“We engaged Gary Lancaster to hang some wallpaper recently. We were impressed by his prompt response to our initial enquiry, and later with the quality of his work. Gary deemed the original wallpaper to be unsuitable for hanging owing to damage, and successfully obtained a replacement supply at no cost to us. The work he completed was of a high standard, and reasonably priced. We are happy to recommend his work to anyone.”
30 March 2012
189 Faraday Street
CARLTON VIC 3053
To Whom it may concern,
I would like to express my support for Gary Lancaster to obtain an international fellowship in the trade of PAINTING AND DECORATING, specifically DECORATIVE PAINT FINISHES.
I am a Lecturer for TAFESA in the trade and Have been involved teaching in this subject to apprentices for many years.
Changes that have been made to our training packages which stipulate what is taught to apprentices and cut backs in government funding restrict lecturers to what can be done in our environment teaching decorative finishes.
Many of the lecturers including myself who have the ability to teach these skills have retired or are close to retirement.
I have known Gary Lancaster for 25 years.
Gary has always had a great passion and love of Decorative Paint Finishes and has proven this in his business.
He always strives for quality and excellence and wants to continually improve.
Gary like myself knows you can always learn more.
Without People in Industry maintaining these skills they will be lost.
Gary is also passionate about TRAINING and passing these skills on to other TRADIES.
He has proven via his current business that there is a need for these skills and that if you strive for excellence he can teach other painting contractors the benefits of pursuing them in their careers.
I am 100% positive Gary will use the experience gained from this fellowship to benefit others by passing on his passion and new skills obtained.
Painting and Decorating